Long are the days of Sister Sister, Moesha and My Wife and Kids. It’s time for a new generation of TV.
But most of it is in America. Here are some tops shows we love
- Chewing Gum. Homegrown comedy! Not for kids however, but it’s hilarious. We just love Michaela Cole. London and uncut, she is the most awkward person ever but we love her.
- Black-ish. This show cracks me up. Witty and depicting a black family home in America. Kinda the new Cosby show. Follow how the dad is coping with suburban life and raising his suburban kids. His wife is a success doctor and the grandparents are classic old skool black folk. Love it.
- Insecure. I recently watched it and was sitting there like…OMG this is my life! I love how Issa Rae writes and tells stories of everyday black women insecurities. A brilliant show, kinda the black version of Sex and The City, but less high end and more down to earth. This could be you and your girl living life.
- How To Get Away From Murder. Black writer and black lead character. This show leaves you twisted up! Talk about cliff hangers. It just draws you in to the madness that is law and order. Follow how the characters get themselves into a whole heap of drama
- Atlanta. I’ve only watched a couple episodes of this but it looks so good. Danny Glover’s humour is brilliant.
- Scandal. Now this show needs no introduction or big ups. It’s just flipping dope. If you don’t know, you better ask somebody!
- Being Mary Jane. Love this show, it follows Mary Jane a successful news anchor. She has it all, except a man. Being black, female and rich comes with it’s draw backs.
If you know of anymore black TV shows thats currently out, drop us a line in the comments below!